Ads

  • Latest Topics

    Tuesday 16 August 2016

    Healthy and Efficient Brain Power






    As a total health nut, cyclist and trail runner (just below Ironman Level Class), I am often asked; "Sure, anyone can get their body into great shape if they have the time to exercise and eat a good diet, but what about your brain? How does one improve their cognitive function and raise their IQ?" Well, we are told that your genetics determine your upper-end IQ, but if you want to get to all that and improve your cognitive function, I'd suggest a few supplements that I currently take. Let's talk.
    You see I recommend the following supplements:
    - Ginkgo Biloba
    - Ginseng
    - Chromium Picolinate
    - Dong Quai
    For brain supplements - they work great. Recently, I read an old article in Consumer Advisory Online titled; "Brain Supplement Reviews Buyer's Guide 2015 - How to Buy Brain Supplements Online," which stated:
    "Consumer Advisor Online does not often review nutritional supplements, but since we have received dozens of requests for our opinion on the new brain and memory nootropics supplement craze sweeping the nation, we decided to weigh in and help demystify this so- called 'wonder pill'.
    We started hearing the buzz when Daytime TV Doctors, started touting these new pills that improve concentration, memory recall, focus, mental clarity and energy. And though we love the good Doctor and his purple gloves, we don't love the droves of hucksters who prey on his loyal viewers trying to make a quick buck, often selling low-grade versions of his medical discoveries. So, we researched over 38 popular brands being sold both online and in retail stores. We are going to sing like a canary about; What THEY don't want you to know!"
    This all makes perfect sense to me. Not long ago, a friend asks; "When I googled best brain supplements, this article came up. I am curious as to what you think because it doesn't mention any of the products that you recommend that I take."
    Well these are combo supplements with many ingredients and I wonder if that is the best approach. For instance, Ginseng - stabilizes blood flow and increases adrenaline, which isn't only a brain thing, but without good blood flow, the brain doesn't do well, and helping it get oxygen helps. Ginkgo Biloba is known by Eastern Medicine to help with brain memory, I am surprised the article didn't mention it at all. Same with the other one I mentioned. The Chromium Picolinate has always been considered a good brain supplement.
    This article seems to be using research that has specific enzymes or proteins flipping switches of genes known to help the brain. Who is to say that the supplements I mentioned do not contain some of those naturally, rather than going directly with exact or specific thing achieving the same results? I'd have to research this more, it is interesting, even if I don't trust internet crap in magazines much. I will have to look into the cited studies more.
    Don't know more than what I've studied in the past, just know that my brain out performs everyone else's for some strange reason. Could be the running, cycling, sex, sleep, and attitude, personal formatting to reward my brain for problem solving and piquing my brain chemicals in any challenge presented?
    Lance Winslow has launched a new provocative series of eBooks on the Mind and Memory. Lance Winslow is a retired Founder of a Nationwide Franchise Chain, and now runs the Online Think Tank; http://www.worldthinktank.net.


    Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9484892
    Item Reviewed: Healthy and Efficient Brain Power Rating: 5 Reviewed By: Dr.MosabNajjar
    Scroll to Top